Thursday, August 27, 2026

The Truths We Find By Donna Bollen | They Always Have a Way of Catching Up With You

 





Title: The Truths We Find
Author: Donna Bollen
Genre: Romance
Rating: 4.5 ⭐️
Book Links: Goodreads | Amazon


My initial thoughts:


Don’t we all know by now that secrets and lies never stay buried? And they always come back at the worst possible time.

The Vibe:

Romantic suspense, second-chance romance, workplace romance


My Review:

You know how frustrating it is to go above and beyond for your job, only to be passed over for a promotion and then watch them give it to an outsider?.. We’ve all been there 🙄

That’s exactly what happens to Dani.

Except the outsider isn’t some random man. It’s Gavin … the ex who broke her heart over ten years ago without so much as a real explanation. 😩

Dani took that heartbreak and catapulted her career straight out of the gate. Now that she’s finally making a name for herself, here comes Gavin to turn her life upside down again.

Okay…maybe not intentionally. In his defense, he didn’t know she worked there. But Dani certainly isn’t excited to see him.

To make matters even more complicated, Dani is dating Sam, her childhood best friend and the man who helped her pick up the pieces after Gavin. She and Sam have years of history, but Gavin’s unexpected return begins stirring up old feelings, unanswered questions, and secrets Dani never knew existed.

The colossal fuckery that followed!

The workflow, meetings, and pitches slowed the story down just a little,or maybe that was just be as I wanted to “skip to the good part”🤭. In the end, those puzzle pieces were necessary for this story.

I completely devoured this story. Highly recommend if you like a little suspense and psychological thriller vibe molded into your romance yes, this is a yes for me!!

4.5⭐

I received this arc from the author agency in exchange for my honest review




Synopsis:

She’s chasing the biggest story of her career.
He’s her new boss... and the ex who shattered her heart.

DANI
I fought my way up the newsroom ladder. So when I'm passed over for a promotion, I tell myself I can handle it.
Until my new boss walks in.
Gavin. The man who ghosted me for ten years. The man I thought I would marry.
Now I'm stuck working for my biggest mistake... while my possessive boyfriend and unfinished feelings threaten everything I’ve built.

GAVIN
I left to protect her. Keeping a secret that could destroy everything.
Now I’m her boss... and still hopelessly in love with her.
Office rules say she’s off limits. My heart says Dani’s always been mine.
One truth could change it all, but a second chance could save us both.

No comments:

Post a Comment