Thursday, August 13, 2026

Behind Closed Doors by Shain Rose | What happens behind closed doors never stay there..


Title: Behind Closed Doors
Author: Shain Rose
Genre: Dark Romance
Rating: 4⭐️
Book Links: Goodreads| Amazon



My initial thoughts:
I love it when an author can turn my feelings around.. this one definitely did that..

The Vibe:
Dark romance, unhinged obsession, single dad. 


My Review:
I went into this book with my eyes wide open. I knew exactly what kind of story I was getting, I knew the tropes and honestly… dark, captive, unhinged MMC. These are literally all the things I love in a book so I was excited.

This one start off with a bang!! I see why everyone is raving about this one.
But then somewhere in the middle… it lost me.

The push and pull between Mia and Jameson went on for way too long for me. Normally I live for the banter and all that pent-up sexual tension, but here it started to feel like they were trying too hard to keep it going instead of just letting their relationship naturally move forward.

Jameson is absolutely unhinged, I didn’t buy it at first. It felt forced, like he was trying to convince me he was unhinged instead of it just feeling natural

Mia, though…I liked her pretty consistently. She stood her ground about what she wanted and what she didn’t want from the very beginning. There were definitely a couple of moments where I questioned some of her decisions, but I loved that she didn’t just fold because Jameson wanted her to.

And then….

🔥🔥🔥

I swear it felt like a switch was flipped on.

Because after that I was HOOKED.

And I don’t just mean because of the sexy time 😂. Their relationship finally started moving and I couldn’t devour those pages fast enough.

Mia and Jameson’s attraction to each other is absolutely unhinged. It’s brutal, obsessive and still incredibly sexy.

So while it took me longer than I would’ve liked to get there…the last half of this book was 🔥
I’m really looking forward to the next book.

4⭐





Synopsis:

He’s the forbidden enigma I wanted to ignore . . . but instead I’ll be forced to share a home with him.

Jameson Knight arrives at precisely the same time every day to pick up his young daughter from school, smiling as she runs into his open arms.

It’s the only time I see him smile.

I don’t ask questions because it’s not my place. I’m just his daughter’s favorite teacher, nothing more. . . . Until the first bullet flies by us at recess.

Suddenly, I’m risking my life to protect her. And then Jameson drags me back to his estate, claiming it’s a matter of life-or-death.

Now I’m in the most beautiful home I’ve ever seen, faced with an offer from a man who’s just as gorgeous: Be the temporary live-in nanny until he can ensure my safety and find a more permanent solution. It’ll be easy, he promises.

Yet, the arrangement is anything but simple.

Not when Jameson’s hungry stare is all consuming and his touch pulse racing.
And definitely not when I find that nothing in this neighborhood is as it seems, including Jameson.

He may be powerful, possessive, and protective. But he’s also dangerous, demanding, and calculating.

As more of his secrets come out, I should run but . . .

How do I escape the enigma of Jameson Knight if he’s already captured my heart?

No comments:

Post a Comment