Author: Luna K Wicked
Genre: Romance
Rating: 5⭐️
Book Links: Goodreads | Amazon
My initial thoughts:
I went into this expecting a fun summertime romance, but instead I was wrapped in the warmth of the culture and the strength of the community. Before I knew it, I was completely caught up in the messy relationships, family drama, and so much more.
The Vibe:
second chance romance, badass fmc, possessive mmc, family legacy
My Review:
Adriana left Altura Heights years ago, believing she had to leave the barrio behind if she wanted something more for herself. But when the man she trusted shows his true colors…and reveals what he has planned for the community that raised her…going home becomes about so much more than returning to where she came from.
And waiting for her there is Yael Cruz.
Adriana and Yael have history. A messy, painful history. But the connection between them is still very much there. Yael is definitely possessive, but he’s also completely sure that Adriana is the woman he wants.
This was a short novella, but it was packed with so much more than just romance. It was about grief, family, community, and fighting for the place that will always be a part of you.
The culture was blended beautifully throughout the story. I could almost taste the food and hear the music. Altura Heights didn’t just feel like the setting…it felt alive, and I truly felt like I was part of the neighborhood while reading.
Prepare yourself to feel every emotion throughout this story. Ms. Wicked gave us an FMC who didn’t need someone else to save her. She just needed to remember who she was, what she was capable of, and where she truly belonged.
I started this book way past my bedtime and was determined to finished this knowing I had to be up very early to start my day, but this was so good there was no way I could put it down.
My only complaint is that I wanted more. 🤭 More of Adriana and Yael, more of the neighborhood, and more time inside this world. 🤗🥰
5⭐️
I received this arc from the author in exchange for my honest review
Synopsis:
“And just like that… the first domino falls.”
At Altura, summer brings the heat... and the past you thought you left behind.
Five years after she swore she’d never come back, Adriana Santos returns to the block that raised her and to the man who never left it. Yael Cruz still carries the weight of one choice that shattered them both. But when her dying grandfather forces them to work together, old wounds resurface demanding to felt. What starts off as simmer turns into a fire leaving them exposed to their truth.
Porque donde hubo fuego, las cenizas siempre quedan.
And as the summer heat rises, so do the stakes, because the last game has just begun.
Porque nadie termina hasta el último capicú.
My Review:
Adriana left Altura Heights years ago, believing she had to leave the barrio behind if she wanted something more for herself. But when the man she trusted shows his true colors…and reveals what he has planned for the community that raised her…going home becomes about so much more than returning to where she came from.
And waiting for her there is Yael Cruz.
Adriana and Yael have history. A messy, painful history. But the connection between them is still very much there. Yael is definitely possessive, but he’s also completely sure that Adriana is the woman he wants.
This was a short novella, but it was packed with so much more than just romance. It was about grief, family, community, and fighting for the place that will always be a part of you.
The culture was blended beautifully throughout the story. I could almost taste the food and hear the music. Altura Heights didn’t just feel like the setting…it felt alive, and I truly felt like I was part of the neighborhood while reading.
Prepare yourself to feel every emotion throughout this story. Ms. Wicked gave us an FMC who didn’t need someone else to save her. She just needed to remember who she was, what she was capable of, and where she truly belonged.
I started this book way past my bedtime and was determined to finished this knowing I had to be up very early to start my day, but this was so good there was no way I could put it down.
My only complaint is that I wanted more. 🤭 More of Adriana and Yael, more of the neighborhood, and more time inside this world. 🤗🥰
5⭐️
I received this arc from the author in exchange for my honest review
Synopsis:
“And just like that… the first domino falls.”
At Altura, summer brings the heat... and the past you thought you left behind.
Five years after she swore she’d never come back, Adriana Santos returns to the block that raised her and to the man who never left it. Yael Cruz still carries the weight of one choice that shattered them both. But when her dying grandfather forces them to work together, old wounds resurface demanding to felt. What starts off as simmer turns into a fire leaving them exposed to their truth.
Porque donde hubo fuego, las cenizas siempre quedan.
And as the summer heat rises, so do the stakes, because the last game has just begun.
Porque nadie termina hasta el último capicú.
No comments:
Post a Comment