Title: Before I Disappear
This one kept me guessing right up to the very end
The Vibe:
Mystery, suspenseful, crime
Read This If You Like:
Read This If You Like:
3–5 quick bullets.
My Review:
This story had me questioning everything.
April Henderson is a criminology professor who wakes up after a brutal attack with huge gaps in her memory. She knows who she is. But when it comes to what happened to her, why she was attacked, and what she may have been involved in before that night… her memories are spotty.
While trying to piece those memories together, she discovers there’s a darker, more dangerous version of herself who knows things April has absolutely no memory of learning.
In that sense… it reminded me of The Long Kiss Goodnight. I absolutely loved that movie, so once I made that connection, I was hooked.
The more April digs into her missing memories, the more disturbing everything gets. There’s organized crime, manipulation, people around her who may or may not be telling the truth, and this constant question of who she can actually trust…Including herself.
One of my favorite parts of a thriller is trying to piece everything together along with the main character, and this definitely gave me that. Every time I thought I understood what was happening, another piece of information would come along and make me question everything all over again.
There were definitely moments where I had to stop and think…Wait… what?
I did find quite a few plot holes, but at the same time, I had to wonder if some of them were intentional and meant to keep us questioning what was really going on.
Either way… I still want answers!
This was dark, twisted, disturbing, and definitely interesting enough to keep me engaged with this story.
I’m looking forward to seeing what Ms. Quinn has in store for us next.
4⭐️
Thank you, Sourcebooks Landmark, for providing this arc in exchange for my honest review
Synopsis:
If she can't remember, her memories might not be the only thing that goes missing.
When criminologist April Anderson wakes in an unfamiliar hotel room with no memory of how she got there — or why she fled her comfortable life in New York— she's told she's under police protection, the only witness to a horrific crime.
With no memories and no answers to her repeated questions, April isn't sure who to trust — the cop guarding her, or the fiancé secretly tracking her. As April sifts through the wreckage of her own memories, she uncovers a version of herself she doesn't recognize, and secrets she'd rather forget.
As the trial date closes in, April realizes someone else wants her silent. Her missing memories aren't just the key to the case, they might be keeping her alive. Will she remember the truth… or disappear forever?
No comments:
Post a Comment