Author: J. Saman
Genre: Romance
Rating: 4⭐️
Book Links: Goodreads | Amazon
My initial thoughts:
Christmas is one of my favorite time of the year so of course I love a good Christmas romance, so give me a grumpy billionaire boss, fake dating, Paris at Christmas, and a little workplace chaos and I’m already interested.
The Vibe:
Why choose, holiday romance, MFM, fake dating, billionaire romance
My Review:
Waverly is Tristan’s assistant, and their story starts with her showing up two hours late for work, crashing directly into him, spilling coffee all over both of them, and dumping the entire contents of her purse onto the floor in front of everyone.
Her contents are mortifying embarrassing to say the least.
Tristan already has a reputation around the office for turning into Scrooge every Christmas, and he seems especially irritated by Waverly. What she doesn’t realize is that there may be a little more behind all that irritation than she thinks.
Then there’s Braxton Hicks… yes, that is actually his name 😂 …Tristan’s best friend and also co-owner of the company, who adds an entirely different layer of chaos to an already questionable workplace situation.
a fake-dating arrangement sends them to Paris for Christmas, things escalate very quickly. And these pages are scorching 🥵
But at the same time, that was part of my issue with the story. There was more spice than plot.
Don’t get me wrong, I loved the dynamic between the characters, but I wanted more time watching the emotional side of their relationship develop.
The ending also felt rushed to me. There were a few things I really would have preferred to experience alongside the characters rather than being told afterward that they happened. This one could have benefited from another 50 or so pages
All in all, this was festive, chaotic, and so much fun to read. It had me laughing way more than I expected.
4⭐️
I received this Alc from Valentine PR in exchange for my honest review
Synopsis:
Things not on my Christmas wish list? Fake dating my billionaire Scrooge of a boss, Tristan Ouest.
But that's exactly what I'm doing and why I'm on a plane heading to Paris with him and my other boss, co-CEO Braxton Hicks.
According to Braxton, this is the perfect arrangement. I act as the doting girlfriend to get Tristan's matchmaking, old-money family off his back and he pays off the large debt I have from caring for my grandmother.
Except Braxton has other things in mind with this trip…like sharing me with Tristan.
And the things they want to do to me put them straight on the naughty list.
I should say no to all of this. After all, I need my job and sleeping with both of my bosses is a recipe for disaster. Especially when things start to get messy and complicated.
But they don't just want me as a holiday treat. They want more.
Now they're bossing my holiday. And before I know it, I'm in way over my head--falling for my grumpy fake boyfriend and his sinful best friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment