Monday, August 12, 2013

Audio Books




Which do u prefer reading an book or listening to a book? Once upon a time I would have said theres nothing like reading a good book. And while thats still true, audio books are so much more convenient.  When you pick up a book to read its usually after you've completed every thing you've done and you finally get some me time right?  But with an audio book you dont have to stop want your doing.
   Audio books can be a little bit pricy. Usual price for audio books range from $25-$35. I However am a bargin hunter,it is rare that I buy anything at full price, unless of course I really really want it. Finding a sale on an audio book can be a little difficult to come by. Most of the time it requires a little bit of patience.
   If the book your reading is part of a series, with the release of the new book the first book in the series usually go on sale. Sale prices for an audio book may vary. They usually range from $.99-$15 and some times a little bit more. Thats a steel if u ask me!
     The downside to an audio book is the narrators voice. Most of the audio books ive listened to are read by women. While reading the story she'll change her voice to  sound different for different characters. This can be both good and bad. A few people ive spoken to say they cant listen to an audio book because the narrator ruins the voice of a specific character for them. I can agree with that on some level.    However the narrators voice isnt the reason I book the book. I bought it to listen to the story.
   So, If u havent read an audio book before would you consider listening to one now?? Well if you are interested you should check out Audible.Com  the first book you buy is either free or at a discounted price no matter what the original price is. I think you owe it to your self to give it a try if you havent already. And when you do be sure to let me know how it went.