Author: Brittnay J Sears
Genre: Dark Historical Fiction
Rating: 5⭐️
Book Links: Goodreads | Amazon
My initial thoughts:
This was completely different from what I normally read, but I was locked in from the very beginning.
The Vibe:
Unhinged FMC, Found Family, Feminine power
My Review:
Genre: Dark Historical Fiction
Rating: 5⭐️
Book Links: Goodreads | Amazon
My initial thoughts:
This was completely different from what I normally read, but I was locked in from the very beginning.
The Vibe:
Unhinged FMC, Found Family, Feminine power
My Review:
Have you ever read a historical fiction with a DARK, unhinged FMC? No? Yeah, me either. Chile… this was such a good time.
As soon as I picked this book up, I was completely locked in. I’m talking stayed up until 3 a.m., knowing I had to be up by 6 to get ready for work. Then, when I got to work, I still managed to find time to finish the rest of it. And it was so worth it.
Set in the early 1900s, The Oily Cat is a brothel run by a femdom who is determined to protect her ladies by any means necessary. At The Oily Cat, beauty becomes bait, charm becomes a weapon, and when men cross the line, consequences will be paid.
I thoroughly enjoyed this book.
My girl Bernadette is unhinged to the highest power, and she has absolutely no qualms about it. But she has to be. She’s been through so much in her life that taking control is the only way she knows how to survive. And she teaches her girls to hold that same power for themselves.
Bernadette protects what is hers, and she does not hesitate when someone threatens the women under her care. She is dark, ruthless, and completely unapologetic, and I loved every minute of it.
This was the first book I’ve read by Brittany J. Sears, but it definitely won’t be the last. I cannot wait for the next installment in this series.
5⭐️
I received this ARC from The Author Agency in exchange for my honest review.
Synopsis:
Welcome to The Oily Cat, where desire is currency, and breaking the rules is a death sentence.
Bernadette runs her brothel with ruthless precision. Every woman under her roof is protected, every client knows the rules, and any man who crosses the line doesn’t leave.
For years, the system has worked.
Until a stranger arrives with sinister secrets and a past that refuses to stay buried.
As whispers spread and tensions rise, the careful balance Bernadette has built begins to crack. Old loyalties falter, dangerous truths surface, and the line between predator and prey begins to blur.
Now, with everything she’s fought to protect on the brink of collapse, Bernadette must decide how far she’s willing to go to keep control . . . and how much blood she’s willing to spill to do it.
Because inside The Oily Cat, power is taken, not given, and every sin demands its price.
No comments:
Post a Comment