Sunday, July 26, 2026

Barcelona With Love by Ian Ostroff | Sometimes You Just Have to Go




Title: Barcelona With Love
Author: Ian Ostroff
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Rating: 4⭐️
Book Links: Goodreads | Amazon


My initial thoughts:


Noah's trip to Barcelona reminded me that life doesn't begin when everything is perfectly planned. Sometimes you just have to go

The Vibe:

Self-discovery

Feel-good

Bittersweet romance

My Review:


I went into this expecting a romance, but what I found was so much more.

After a breakup turns his anniversary trip into a solo adventure, Noah decides to take the leap and travel to Barcelona on his own. Along the way, he meets people from all over the world, forms unexpected friendships, and discovers that sometimes stepping outside your comfort zone can lead to the most memorable experiences.

As I was reading, I couldn't help but think of Eat, Pray, Love..not because the stories are the same, but because they both capture how travel has a way of changing you when you least expect it. This felt like a male perspective on that same idea, and I found myself appreciating the journey just as much as the romance.

I also enjoyed how Mr Ostroff showed us that traveling alone doesn't always mean being lonely. Sometimes all it takes is being open to new experiences and new people for an ordinary trip to become something unforgettable.

While parts of the romance developed a little faster than I would have liked, it fit the whirlwind feeling of traveling and experiencing everything for the first time. The ending wasn't what I expected, but after sitting with it, I think it was exactly the ending this story needed.

More than anything, Noah's trip to Barcelona reminded me that life doesn't begin when everything is perfectly planned. Sometimes you just have to go.

4⭐

I received this arc from the author in exchange for my honest review.




Synopsis:

Noah Pérez, a third-year architecture student convinced he’s starring in God’s favorite sitcom, believes he’s planned the perfect anniversary surprise: a romantic trip to Barcelona for his girlfriend Rachel Segreto. The goal? To reconnect with his Sephardic roots and reignite their relationship before graduation. But then, Rachel’s family invites him to their annual Amalfi Coast getaway at the last minute—ruining his anniversary plans.

When he tries to convince Rachel to pick Barcelona over Amalfi, she views it as being forced to choose between her relationship and her family. With the Segreto family’s reputation already a source of tension for their relationship, it all eventually leads to a painful breakup.



Heartbroken but still determined, Noah sets off on the trip alone and finds himself in a world of hostels and backpackers. That’s where he meets Phoebe, a British entrepreneur who plans to open a café in Portugal. Her fearless approach to life prompts Noah to blurt out an impulsive lie: that he’ll be in The Algarve for her grand opening, even though he’s due back home for senior year. If he stays in Europe, he risks sacrificing what he worked hard for in school. But if he returns home, he risks giving up the “everything” he always wanted to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment