Author: Emma Chase
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Rating: 4⭐️
Book Links: Goodreads | Amazon
My initial thoughts:
This was my first Emma Chase book, and now I completely understand why so many readers love her writing. I laughed, I swooned, and before I knew it, I had finished this in one sitting
The Vibe:
Forced proximity, romantic comedy, Rivals to lovers
My Review:
First and foremost, I have heard so many good things about Emma Chase’s books ever since I first started reviewing, but I never got around to reading one. So when the opportunity came up, I jumped on it… and I’m so glad I did.
Both Damon and Jade inherited a valuable property from Clarabell Spicket, but it came with rules and limitations to determine who would become the sole owner. Break a rule… You lose points. Blank. Period.
Determined to win, they both went to great lengths to sabotage one another. Their antics to get ahead of each other had me laughing the entire time. But once they finally stopped fighting what they were feeling and admitted the attraction between them… things heated up fast.
I finished this in less than three hours, and it was such a great time. If you’re looking for a funny, steamy romance that’s perfect for a palate cleanser, I’d definitely recommend picking this one up.
4⭐️
I received the alc from Valentine PR in exchange for my honest review
Synopsis:
No loopholes. No backing out. No leaving for four months.
Damon Burke is intense, handsome and vengefully calculating—he's also certain he'll outlast his competitor.
Jade Buchanan is brilliant, ruthless, and absolutely not losing to him.
But the house seems to have a mind of its own. With faulty wiring, a leaking roof, drafty windows and the occasional wild-life infestation, it just might be trying to kill them. And the more Damon and Jade try to oust each other from the property, the more it brings them together.
Sparks fly, tempers clash—but eventually, all their walls come crumbling down.
It's a bad idea to get too close to your enemy. To care about them, need them, want them more than you've ever wanted anything.
But when rivalry becomes something more than they ever expected, Damon and Jade discover love can be a very good bad idea.
No comments:
Post a Comment