Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Interview with: Angelisa Stone

Who is Angelisa Stone you ask..









Angelisa Stone is a typical Midwestern wife and mom, frazzled by parenting and housework, and overwhelmed with sports schedules, doctor appointments, and three-dimensional creative projects due “tomorrow morning.” Angelisa dreams of white sandy beaches, clear-blue waters, and Midori coladas in hand, but realizes that her loving husband and four not-so-perfect children are her real dreams-come-true. Writing and reading are her passions, and she hopes (and prays with her fingers tightly crossed) that readers will find enjoyment and escape through her words and characters.





What or who inspired you to become a writer? 


Actually, I've always thought "someday, I'll write a book." Well, we all know what happens when you put the time limit of "someday" onto something. "Someday" is often very synonymous with "never." I hit the late 30s, and started feeling my mortality kicking in and decided "someday" or "never?" Nah, how about right now? So, I sat my ass down and started to type. I'd had many ideas just floating around my head for years, so I started to let just few of them begin to ooze out.


How did you come up with the title for can't go home and can't go with out?


 Hmmmmm, I want to tell you this, because it is pretty fascinating. However, I don't think I can without both honest truths being GIANT spoilers for people who haven't read the books. I guess I'm going to pretend that I'm really cool and say "No Comment." 

Really?! Now I really want to know


I have to ask... whats the one thing you can't live with out.. 


 People. (Family and Friends.) I don't do loneliness well. If we're not going "deep" on this (Ps. I like it deep.), then I will have to say that the one thing that I can't go without on a superficial level is….my bed. I would save it right after I saved my kids in a fire. Greatest bed of all time. Sometimes, I think my bed is what "does it" for me ;-) 

Lmao!! I would have to agree! My bed is one of the few things in life that comforts me with out needed anything in return.. btw Deep is the only way to go for me


Both Dre and Tristan are both very strong and yet different characters with big personalities. Were they based off of people you know or people you've met over the years?


 A lot of Dre's goofiness is based on my husband. My husband would do many of the things Dre did to get Kathryn. And, if we take out Tristan's "sluttiness," then I would have to say that Tristan has a ton of MY characteristics and sense of humor and personality.

Awww Dre's goofiness as you called it, is one of the things I loved most about him! Tristan I can Totally see how he could possibly be a male version of you ... although someone mentioned he reminded them of the comedian Jame Holeva, which I think is pretty fitting also.

Tell me something no one knows about you, but you wished they did Nobody knows? 


 Wow…. that is a tough one. I'm not a private person at all. I pretty much reveal everything about myself at all times. I have a pretty big mouth.


When writing is there a particular place you go to in order to get your thoughts together? 


Most of my books have been written at the dining room table, which is CRAZY, because I have an office. I also have a personal in-home library. I even have a writing desk and comfy chair in my bedroom. I just like the dining room table the best. I even tried once to write at the kitchen table and couldn't do a thing.


What advice would you give to someone considering to write a book, but is unsure if they can actually pull it off? 


You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Who is that? Wayne Gretzky? Truthfully, you should always give something a shot if you want to, and you should probably know the difference in "there, their, and they're," too. 

Lol... sorry I had to!


Do you have anything in common with either of you female characters? 


 Leah's personality is NOTHING like me. At all. I would never do something to hurt another person or retaliate in any way. Kathryn is much tougher than I am, and very "go get 'em." However, my guilt is exactly like Leah's. I'd never be able to "live with myself" if I did something horrible. Kathryn's sense of humor and desire to help others and give all that she is to others is exactly who I am. My insecurities mirrors hers as well.


If you haven't already, what other genre would you consider writing? 


I'm going to write a YA book soon. It is ready to spew out of my head!


oooo I'll be sure to keep an eye out for that one!

Now for the random facts:


What your favorite color


 YELLOW


Coke or Pepsi 


In a can? Diet Coke
Coming from a fountain at a restaurant? Diet Pepsi
Yes, there is a difference.


There is??


 Summer or Winter


 In the words of Olaf, "Oh Summer, I love Summer." Hell, any time I don't have to go to work, I am happy as hell.


Horror Movie or romance


 I don't watch scary movies or suspense movies. They give me diarrhea. I'm not kidding either. My stomach ties and knots for the first hour of the movie, the second hour of the movie, I am in the bathroom! NO LIE. 

Lmaoo!! OMG i'm in tears!! thats too funny. 


During the summer which do you prefer Beach Or the pool 


My FAVORITE is to float on a raft in one of those pools that are on the beach. I don't like to GO IN the ocean or put my feet in the sand, but I do like to look at it and hear it. I hate sand on my towel and stuck to my skin.

 Coffee or Tea 


I don't drink coffee at all. Gross. I do not really like hot liquid….tea, hot chocolate, soups, or anything like that. I will drink hot tea if I have a sore throat though. I love UNSWEETENED ICE TEA with extra ice and two packets of Sweet-n-Low. It's my favorite drink.

Gasp!! I can't go a day with out my cup of Joe... But thats all i've got to say about that


Name one of your guilty pleasures


 Banana Ice Cream! Cookies-n-Cream Ice Cream! Ice Cream! Ice Cream! I scream for ICE CREAM.


Amusement park or a walk in the park 


How far do I have to walk at this park? I would have to go with AMUSEMENT PARK. 

Lol..


which do you prefer on line shopping or in store shopping? 


Ummmmm, I have a shopping problem. It doesn't even matter what KIND of shopping. I am a SPEND-A-HOLIC. Let's put it this way…. I am a teacher. In the course of a school year, I never repeat an outfit. EVER. I do wear my pants more than once, but I never ever repeat my shirts or dresses or skirts. SHOPPING PROBLEM!

I think that a gene all women are born with


Thank you Angelisa Stone for taking your time out of your day to answer my evasive questions!!

To learn more about Angelisa Stone follow her on Facebook, Twitter and Goodreads 

And sure to pick up her books today:

Can't Go Home




 Can't go without


No comments:

Post a Comment