Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The Blacksmiths Son By Rebecca Thomas


The Blacksmiths Son ★★★★




Captain Quentin Drake has returned from ten years at sea. He was wounded during the war and needs time to rest. After buying a horse he takes to the stables for the night before he takes off for home. When he enters the stable he comes across his once upon a time would be brother in law beating a young boy. His heart is so good he intervenes and takes the unconscious boy to his room for care. While in town he meets a woman who is in need of help although she won’t admit it and he becomes enthralled with her. Can he convince her to let him help? Who is the young boy and how does he play into her life?


This is a historic romance which I have to admit is not my typical genre. This is probably because the language drives me crazy; however this book was not heavy on old English so I was able to read it in less than two hours. This was an enjoyable story. It contains a steamy sex scene which is always good and of course a happily ever after. I found myself yelling at the female character for not accepting Quentin’s help. It was fairly obvious from the beginning that he was trust worthy, but I suppose much like most strong women she felt she could handle any situation on her own. Ladies, let the man help once in a while you never know when he’ll turn out to be a Quentin! I recommend this book and give it 4 stars.



*Donna*

No comments:

Post a Comment