Friday, February 8, 2019

Brick with reviews

Title: Brick
Series: Cooper Construction #1
Author: Jen Davis
Genre: Dark MC Romantic Suspense
Release Date: February 5, 2019

I’m used to getting my hands dirty. During the day it’s mud and grime on the construction site. At night…it’s the blood I spill.
A drug lord’s enforcer does what needs to be done. It’s my obedience, my loyalty to the boss that keeps my family alive. 
I know I’m teetering on the edge. I’m losing my humanity, I can feel it. It’s changing me, and it’s only a matter of time before the darkness takes over.
Then I meet her. Liv. The only person who sees past my busted knuckles and brutal exterior. She sees…me. 
But being with me will get her killed. The only way I can keep her safe is by staying away. Until her own actions catapult her into the center of my world—a world which will swallow her whole. 
Now I’m forced to be the ruthless bastard I’ve been for so long. Only this time it’s not to destroy…but to defend.


Brick is convinced he's a bad dark man not worthy of anyone good. His life is dark. He spends his nights in the ring and as an enforcer for a vicious drug dealer. His days find him building in a well know construction crew. The day work doesn't make up for his dark deeds. Don't ask why he doesn't just quit his dark work—his family would be the price he'd have to pay.

Liv/Olivia has a reason to enjoy life without holding back. That includes the hot construction guy her brother works with. He's interested but he keeps brushing her off.

What Liv doesn't know is why he won't give in to what they both want. He already has to protect his family. He won't put her in danger until it finds her. Can they live long enough to find out what they can mean to each other?

This dark story will keep you torn between the evil Brick does and the reason for it. Me, I love a dark hero and the strength of Liv will make us all want her to get what she wants in life.
Brick is the top enforcer for a local crime boss. He doesn’t do this job because he likes it, he does it because if he doesn’t the crime boss will hurt his family. During the day, he works construction to help ease his mind. He enjoys creating, not destroying. It is at this job he meets the sweet and pure Olivia. He could never have her because his life would destroy her, but that doesn’t stop him from wanting her.

This book was described as a dark MC romance. It has the dark and it has the romance covered, but Brick isn’t involved in an MC, one of his co workers is, but there’s only a tiny bit of that in the story. Needless to say, I was highly disappointed. The only saving grace is that this was a decent story. This author can spin a tale. She’s an author to watch even if she’s not writing an MC tale.

4 Stars.

PREORDER - RELEASING FEBRUARY 26, 2019

Jen started her love affair with romance novels, first as a reader, then as a reviewer and blogger. She launched the Red Hot Books blog in 2010 and jumped into Book Twitter shortly after.

She is happily married to her high school sweetheart. Together, they’re raising two kids, a cat, and a dog who is afraid of his own shadow.
Jen spends her days working as television journalist and her nights curled up with a good book.

HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment