Thursday, November 1, 2018

Thor with review

Title: Thor
Series: Thorny Devils MC Book #1
Author: MLJ Quigg
Genre: MC Romance
Release Date: October 28, 2018

Separated for fifteen years, will they be able to let the past stay in the past or is there too much hurt to forgive and forget.
Monique
Fifteen years ago, he broke my heart, leaving me to put my life together after he disappeared. Then out of the blue, he waltzes back in like it didn't matter. I knew I couldn't keep him away because it wasn't just me anymore.
Derrick
I made the biggest mistake when I left her. Now she's back, and I'm going nowhere. She will be mine again. She just has to get with the program.


Thor/Derrick, Prez of the Thorny Devils Mc, needs more bodies to take care of a problem with the club. The recommended Security Firm turns out to be owned by his former lover and-- surprise--baby momma of triplets. His kids. When she sees him after all these years her reaction is priceless--and not fun for him. It turns out she trains her own teams and is one heck of a bada&&s. 

Monique is a great mom, strong businesswoman, and survivor of a horrendous military torture experience.

I liked Monique and her strength. I found her a character worth remembering. However, after her experience and her believable hesitance to have sex with Thor, the latter experience seemed unbelievable. It seemed added to spice up the book and was unnecessary.

I liked most of the characters. Some of the little surprises were fun and good additions to the story. The idea of a big security firm and MC offers all kinds of great story possibilities. I was disappointed that so many of the characters were already matched up or became so during the story. 

I enjoyed the book overall and do recommend it. The club brothers seemed a bit on the soft side for MC guys who may have felt the emotions but getting angry at the guilty parties might have been a more likely response, at least for some of them. The issues seemed too easily solved. Some intrigue could have created more tension and improved the story.

I do look forward to future stories with this noteworthy characters.

MLJ lives in NSW, Australia, with her husband, three adult children, and six cats—yes, you heard that right, six.
Growing up in a huge family of eight kids was always noisy and didn’t give her enough alone time to unwind.
Books have always given her an outlet from the craziness that is her life. Nothing is better than curling up with a good story to take her mind off her surroundings.
As a new author, she hopes you enjoy her stories and that they help you get out of your world and into hers for a few hours.

HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment