Monday, October 28, 2013

Marigny Street by Annie Rose Welch






Marigny Street  ★★★★




Eva (Evangeline) dreams, she has dreamt her whole life and she hasn’t always liked it. M re (grandma) tells her not to be afraid, her dreams are special and the good ones can come true. Eva doesn’t like it when her dead aunt visits her dreams, but when she meets a young boy “her angel” who saves her, her dreams suddenly aren’t so bad. She and her “angel” are meant to be together if only they could find each other.

This book was very interesting but I had a hard time getting in to  it at first because I wasn’t sure what was going on. Boy meets girl, boy and girl fall in love everything is perfect. Pretty straight forward and much like other love stories I’ve read, but something just didn’t seem right to me and I couldn’t put my finger on it.  These two characters are good together and their love story is amazing, emotional and beautiful but something kept bothering me. Finally at the end it all fell into place and I am so glad I read it. I cannot wait to read Red Dirt Road, I’m hoping it picks up where Marigny Street left off. Oh and there is a bonus, at the end of Marigny Street there is more of Eva’s story with the prequel Brighten Place. 

I give Marigny Street 4 stars.



*Donna*


No comments:

Post a Comment