Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Carousel by Kimberly Stedronsky



Title: Carousel
Author: Kimberly Stedronsky
Rating: ★★★★★


Synopsis:

Across the US, six girls are found murdered and tied to a carousel horse.

The victims are chosen. The girls are warned with a simple postcard, each with a photo of the intended location of their death… and of themselves, post-mortem.

Authorities continue to investigate the macabre, foreshadowed killings. When Wynn Rush receives a card foretelling her own death, she turns to Cole Mathison for help in finding the maniac behind the murders.

Eva joins them in a search that leads to a cryptic message in a sinister old fairy tale.

Someone is out to prove his worth.

And magic cannot find him.

Donnas Thoughts:

OMG! Can I start by saying how much I LOVE Kimberly Stedronsky, I do, I LOVE this author and her newest publication is simply amazing. So if you’ve read the first Fire Ballad book Eighth Note, then you know that this is a horror series. The main heroine in this book is Wynn Rush. (If you’ve read the Roam series, this is Logan’s oldest daughter. If you haven’t read the series you should!) Wynn has never felt like she belonged. She was an outcast at school and kept to herself. Ever since leaving Icepond after the battle, she has dedicated her life to caring for her mom and her little sister Rose. That is until she receives a post card with a picture of herself dead and tied to a carousel horse. There is a serial killer and he has set his sights on Wynn. She’s afraid to put her family in danger so she turns to Cole Mathison to keep her safe while they try to figure it all out.

“If you don’t want me, you can’t . . .hold. . .me like this. I can’t stand it.”

I have no idea where Kimberly gets her ideas, but her imagination amazes me. She weaves a tale that under normal circumstances I would say “oh please” but her writing is so magical that I believe every word. This story pulled me in and held on tight, not allowing me to put the book down until the very end. What am I saying; this is Kimberly I’m talking about so of course it’s not really the end! Not only is an incredibly well written story but it is full of “oh no she didn’t” moments with surprise twists and turns. I cannot say enough things about this book or this author. I HIGHLY recommend this book (and every other book she’s written) as a MUST READ!!! I give Carousel 5++ stars and at least 3 hands down the pants! I wait with bated breath for her next release. 

“I never said I didn’t want you, I said I don’t deserve you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment