Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Play (A Stage Dive Novel #2) by Kylie Scott








Title: Play

Author: Kylie Scott
Series: A Stage Dive Novela #2
Rating: ★★★★★


Donna's Thoughts:


After David Ferris moved to Portland to be with his wife Ev, the rest of Stage Dive started spending more of their time in Portland as well. Rock God drummer, Malcolm Ericson has been out of sorts lately. His band mates are worried about him, but he won’t tell anyone what’s going on. One night David and Ev throw a party, Mal sits on the balcony by himself wanting to be alone until Anne Rollins slips onto the balcony to take a phone call. Suddenly Mal has something else to think about.

Anne Rollins had a tough childhood. Dad left when she was sixteen and mom may as well have. Her mother’s depression kept her in bed, so Anne was left to look after the house and her younger sister Lizzie as well as take care of mom. Anne has become accustomed to taking care of people so when her roommate Skye loses her job, Anne lets it slide. Then one day Skye is gone leaving Anne broke. Will going to a party at her former neighbors, Ev Ferris’ house help her make it through this horrible day? It’s worth a try.

This book was incredible. It has drama, passion, drama, humor and more drama. Mal is a character as we know from book one. He’s funny and his mood swings change with the wind. He likes to keep everyone calm and he’s the peace maker of the group. A couple of my favorite lines of his are “Sorry Pumpkin I don’t mind picking up my shit and all, but I’m a rock star. Rock stars don’t mop. It’s just not done.” And while talking about a kiss he had during one of the bands video’s he tells Anne “I didn’t mean to kiss her. My mouth slipped.” He had my laughing. For as funny as I found Mal, I found Anne even more so. She has these conversations with herself that I just loved. A few of my favorites are “My butt cheek stun, I made a mental note to kill him later, once we were alone. Kill him or screw him, whatevs. My hormones were so confused.” “My heart up and keeled over; gave up the war. Hopefully my panties were made of sterner stuff.” And while watching female fans fawn over Mal “It was something I’d have to get used to. I couldn’t kill all of them. I mean, where on earth would I hide so many bodies?” She’s a funny one! I would love to tell you how H-O-T the S-E-X is but Amazon doesn’t like the “s” word. But trust me when I say, this is a four hands down the pants book!! I give Play 5 stars as well. Well done Kylie, I look forward to the next in the Stage Dive series.



hosted By:

No comments:

Post a Comment