Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Escape the doubt




Escape The Doubt ★★★★★


Synopsis:


After the unexpected death of her Dad, and the haunting manner in which he died, Riley Shaw built invisible walls around her heart. Barriers she created to protect her from splintering into broken pieces that couldn’t be repaired. She was unable to move forward from her past letting the guilt of her parent’s mistakes dictate her own choices.

Dean Warren was safe. Being with him was innocent and peaceful, because she didn’t truly love him. His words held her captive in a false sense of security. His eyes were deceptive, and his promises of never pushing her beyond what she was willing to give were broken, leaving Riley in a state of regret and doubt.

Joshua Parker had the power to take what was left of Riley’s splintered pieces and ruin her completely or make her whole again. He was her best friend, her next-door neighbor - everything she wanted and settled on never having. Loving him was as easy as breathing air. The fear of losing him forever was more real to her than the feelings she couldn’t escape.

When faced with the very thing she feared the most, and in the arms she thought were safe, Riley finds herself questioning every decision she has made over the past two years. When she finally escapes the doubt in her head, and accepts the truth in her heart is it too late?

Is taking a chance with your heart worth the escape, or was it better to have never loved at all? Can forgiveness really set you free?



"Out of breath, out of mind, out of control. I just need to escape it. All of it, the doubts the fears, and the loss of everything I want. It was in my hands and I let it slip through my fingers because I couldn't see.past the shot in my head"


My Thoughts:

Wow what a story!! As adults we tend to forget the result our own actions have on our children. Due to the actions of her parents Riley shaw trust no one. And her lack of trust causes her to constantly find herself between two guys one who has her best interest at heart and the other is only looking to add another notch on his belt. Like most women in her predicament she chooses the wrong guy. And although she has feelings for the other she can't escape the doubt in her mind that he could very well be the one.

I absolutely loved this story! You can fell the romance dripping from the pages. The poetry was so beautifully written. However the teenage boy hormones had me curled up in laughter:

"How do I put it in my mouth?" I ask trying and failing to pick up one of the bigger California rolls with my chopsticks.
   Josh sputters his Dr. pepper and says, "um you just put it in."
   "It's so big through,  I don't think it will fit." I continue eyeing the roll in between the two sticks. I was unaware of where josh's dirty mind was when I was running I'm mouth.
   "Yea, it's big, just put it in slowly and then moan your pleasure from how good it tastes." His voice took on a purr that gets my attention.


Men! Lol although I have to admit, as I read the first line I thought the same exact thing. 

I seriously couldn't put this book down I read this one within two hrs. This is highly recommended. 

Donna's thoughts:


The teenage angst is a live and flowing through this story. Teenagers really need to learn how to communicate and stop and listen to others (who am I kidding so do most adults). Anyway there is sexual tension between Josh and Riley but for one reason or another they just can’t seem to get it together. He thinks she’s still with Dean, she thinks he’s with this one or that one. They over hear parts of conversation and make assumptions, it’s a drama fest. This book is well written and switches between his and her point of views which I feel only adds to the story. I enjoy know what is going on for each character, I think it brings more to the story. I enjoyed this book and look forward to the next book in this series Embrace the Moment to see where these two are headed. “I can’t promise is will always be rainbows and sunshine because that’s not reality.” I recommend this book as a good read and give it 4.5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment