Friday, November 15, 2013

Beside Your Heart


Beside Your Heart




 Nicole (Nicki) Johnson is a 17 year old High School junior at Bellaire High School in Bellaire TX. Her life has changed dramatically the past few months. A car accident left her and her mother on deaths doorstep and her younger sister gone forever. Her parents divorced a few years prior to this and dad moved out of state. Now she faced with the first day of school after the accident and she REALLY doesn’t want to face everyone’s sympathetic stares and questions. 

Adam Kincaid moved to the Bellaire TX last spring from England because of his father’s work. Adam is a well-built soccer player with reddish hair and all the girls love his accent. Unfortunately the girl he likes was dating someone else so he started seeing a cheerleader. Junior year begins and Nicki is his locker mate and he couldn’t be happier. He wants to befriend her.

I have to admit I had a hard time starting this book, but before I knew it I couldn’t put it down. This story is full of teenage angst taking me right back to High School. Does he like me? Why is he being nice to me?  Adam is the boy I would have wanted to date in High School. I feel in love with Nicki’s strength and the way she handles the events of her life. At the end however, I understood the reason for her choices but I don’t agree with what she did. 

I have to say the ending of the book BLEW ME AWAY! It is NOT what I was expecting at all. I cannot wait to read the second book Disclosure of the Heart. I highly recommend this book to all romance lovers. I give this book 5 stars!



*Donna*

No comments:

Post a Comment